If your pets get stressed due to fireworks, severe weather, or have general anxiety, your first tendency is to reach for any product that can calm them down and keep them comfortable around the house.
As we already know, Delta 8 THC is highly relaxing for humans, but does it have the same effect on animals? Some studies have shown promising effects of Delta 8 THC on pets. So, it is safe to say that Delta 8 might be beneficial for our pets.
What is Delta 8?
Delta 8 thc flower is a cannabinoid found naturally in cannabis and hemp plants. It is a derivative of delta 9 THC or THC, the primary psychoactive chemical found in marijuana.
From a structural standpoint, delta 8 and delta 9 THC are almost identical, with the only difference being the placement of a double bond in their top ring structure. Hence, it has become the perfect choice for people who want to calm their pets using natural means.
However, Delta 9 is not legal to use even on humans, leave aside pets, and it is also known to show some side effects on its consumer. But, Delta 8 doesn’t cause any of these problems and is also legal by Federal Law after introducing the Farm bill in 2018.
Is Delta 8 THC safe for pets?
There have been several studies on Delta 8 and its effects on pets, and they do not indicate it to be toxic to pets, especially if administered in small amounts. You should, however, avoid giving it to them without a proper reason and consult it with their doctor.
Apart from this, it would be best to look for the concentration and dose of the Delta 8 as your pets require a much lesser amount of cannabinoid than an average human. When given wisely, Delta 8 may lower your pets’ anxiety and stress levels and provide them numerous benefits that will help them maintain a healthier lifestyle. Since it is related to CBD, it can also create a balancing effect on your pet’s appetite.
Reading Suggestion: Learn The Contrast Between Raw CBD oil and CBD Hemp Oil for Your Pets
Delta 8 VS Delta 9
Delta 9 THC, more commonly known as weed, is proven to be toxic for cats and dogs. It is also illegal to take or share in the United States. But, despite being structurally similar to Delta 9, Delta 8 is not that toxic for your pets.
Delta 8 is legal in all but 11 states and is also approved by Federal Law.
The demand for Delta 8 has increased a lot in the last few years and is supposed to increase multiple folds in 2022 as users have confirmed the benefits that it brings to their lives as well as their pets. Delta 9 is known to be psychoactive and less relaxing in the context of Delta 8 on the body.
Delta 9, in contrast to Delta 8, spread fast across the body to work instantly upon the mind. In addition to the feeling of booze provided by Delta-9, it also offers a constant feeling of euphoria, which is not relaxing at all, though pleasurable for users consuming it.
In addition to a euphoric effect, it cannot be forgotten that Delta 9 produces paranoia and anxious feelings in its consumer. Therefore, Delta 8 is much better than its other counterpart if you aim to treat your pets with cannabis extract.
Reading Suggestion: 9 Best Cat Food Dispensers [Updated 2022]
Benefits of Delta 8
While cannabinoids, in general, have been proved to show beneficial effects on the endocannabinoid system, below are some significant reasons you should be using Delta 8:
- Anxiety Relief: Delta 8 can initiate feelings of relaxation, comfort, and calmness when adequately dosed, lowering anxiety and stress levels and giving a calmer headspace to your pet.
- Appetite Stimulant: If your pet doesn’t eat properly or, more specifically, has an eating disorder, Delta 8 can help stimulate their appetite which then benefits their overall health.
- Antiemetic: Delta 8 has proven to possibly be a good anti-vomiting and anti-nausea agent. This can be extremely helpful to pets that are on nausea-invoking medicines. Just talk to your vet before you use Delta 8, as it could react with your pet’s medicine.
- Pain Relief: Since Delta 8 engages with your pet’s endocannabinoid system, it can provide some pain relief from pain-causing inflammation in your body.
- Sleep Aid: Delta 8 is beneficial in creating a sense of relaxation and drowsiness, therefore potentially helping your pet get to sleep and stay acquitted in it. It is highly beneficial when your pets are facing issues with sleeping due to uneasiness.
- Focus and Concentration: Pets with problems concentrating are hard to cope with as they can’t focus well in training. In some cases, and with the correct dosing, Delta 8 can help maintain focus and concentration.
- Anti-tumor: Studies on lab mice showed a significant reduction in tumor size. This study proved that Delta 8 could impact tumor cells and other harmful cells in pets and humans.
In contrast to other cannabis compounds, Delta 8 and CBD are supposed to positively affect pets in conditions such as anxiety, stress, problems in sleeping, and lack of concentration. They alleviate your pets’ health and mood and give them a better day-to-day life.
Delta 8 is a fabulous hemp derivative known for its significant role in naturally coping with some mental issues. However, it’s been only some time since people started to use it to cure the same problems regarding their pets. The users recommend Delta 8 for pets and say that they saw a lot of positive effects in them since they started using Delta 8. More research is still required to show its positive effects on pets. However, initial studies show it to be nontoxic instead of Delta 9 THC.
Also, do remember to buy Delta 8 from a renowned brand and always look for the ingredients to check their purity. A less quality Delta 8 may cause severe effects on you and your pets.