Rabbits are social, sociable, and cheerful animals. That is why people often quickly choose a rabbit as a pet, thinking that they are quiet and peaceful animals. So this is not true! A rabbit needs animation and attention to be happy. And then the sweetest of a congener.
If this is not possible, it is important to make your rabbit’s life as pleasant as possible. This is not difficult at all, and it is a pleasure to watch a rabbit having fun.
Reading suggestions; Pairing Rabbits: How Do Two Rabbits Become Best Friends?
The best way to make your rabbit happy is to give him or her a boyfriend. If you buy a young rabbit, you can immediately consider getting two. Two rabbits from the same litter always go well. If you decide after a while to add a rabbit, it is best to make a pair of them.
A rabbit alone needs a lot of attention. So don’t just give food every day and clean the loft every now and then. There are plenty of fun games for your rabbit to come up with. Release the rabbit from the hutch every day so that it can stretch its legs. Make sure that there is always someone there to keep an eye on things. Rabbits really gnaw on everything. Even power wires are not safe.
Rabbit toys should of course be safe. The rabbit should not be able to get hurt by it and it should absolutely not be poisonous! The toys are really only possible if your rabbit has more space. Some safe and easy examples are:
- The cardboard inside of the toilet rolls. You can put these down to gnaw on and play with, but you can also hang some of the shorts with some foodstuff in them. Make sure it hangs high enough that the rabbit can’t hook in with its paws
- Wood to gnaw on is always nice for the rabbits. Birch and willow branches are best suited. For entertainment, you can put down a number of large and somewhat smaller branches.
- Some wads of newspapers are also fun to play with.
- Rabbits love to dig. So you can make them very happy with a sandbox
- It is also nice to cut a number of entrances and exits in large cardboard boxes and put them next to your rabbit.
- If you are handy it is nice to do the same with large wooden blocks, planks, and branches. Just make sure there are no nails sticking out anywhere
With a little creativity it is, therefore, possible to make the life of your rabbit a lot more pleasant. The more space for the rabbit, the more is possible and the happier the rabbit is!